Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alfred0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Hi everyone! I have a brand new iPhone 3GS and I recently jailbroke it. Everything seemed to be fine with all my Cydia apps until I downloaded Barrel. It's a really cool app, but when I realized that it started to drain my battery so fast (about 10% in 5-6 hours) I decided to uninstall it. Even though I did it, the problem still there! It's driving me crazy! Does anyone of you know what should I do?

Just for the record, I AM COMPLETELY SURE IS A PROBLEM BARREL CAUSED!

Thanks for your time :D

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
Are you running iOS5? I have a 3GS jb'd running Barrel among many other useful apps and notice no difference in battery drain.

But either way, I don't understand what your saying. Are you saying you deleted Barrel from cydia/sources, and it still shows on the phone. Or that you deleted and you still have drain? And honestly, your drain seems normal to me.

Alfred0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Are you running iOS5? I have a 3GS jb'd running Barrel among many other useful apps and notice no difference in battery drain.

But either way, I don't understand what your saying. Are you saying you deleted Barrel from cydia/sources, and it still shows on the phone. Or that you deleted and you still have drain? And honestly, your drain seems normal to me.

iPhone 3GS running iOS5. I uninstalled Barrel from Cydia (Packages) after I realized that. To be honest, everyone is telling me that it seems a normal draining, but I am completely sure it started after I installed it. An example, today at 5:02 AM I checked my iPhone clock and the battery was at 45%. A few minutes later, exactly at 5:19 AM it was at 39%.

It seems that in standby, it drains faster than usually and when I'm using it, it drains even faster than before.

Right now, at 8:20 PM the battery was at 31%. I just sent a Text Message and i left my iPhone on my desk. I just checked it (8:27 PM) and the battery is at 25%.

Is that normal? What I'm trying to say is that THAT kind of fast draining didn't appear until i installed Barrel.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
iOS5 drains faster then previous OSs'. You have a different issue or other settings running (sync, cloud etc) that may have gotten switched on. Even if barrel was causing issues, if uninstalling from sources, that would fix that. You can try a fresh install and JB again if the drain doesn't seem normal to you.

Alfred0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
iOS5 drains faster then previous OSs'. You have a different issue or other settings running (sync, cloud etc) that may have gotten switched on. Even if barrel was causing issues, if uninstalling from sources, that would fix that. You can try a fresh install and JB again if the drain doesn't seem normal to you.

I will try with jailbreaking it again to see what happens, thank you :D

----------

I'd bet its some other issue not related to barrel..

It might be, but I started to notice it after I installed barrel =/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.