Barrel (Can't uninstall)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Alfred0, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Alfred0 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I have a brand new iPhone 3GS and I recently jailbroke it. Everything seemed to be fine with all my Cydia apps until I downloaded Barrel. It's a really cool app, but when I realized that it started to drain my battery so fast (about 10% in 5-6 hours) I decided to uninstall it. Even though I did it, the problem still there! It's driving me crazy! Does anyone of you know what should I do?

Just for the record, I AM COMPLETELY SURE IS A PROBLEM BARREL CAUSED!

Thanks for your time :D

2. mbaran macrumors regular

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Your battery only went down 10% in 5-6 hours? Sounds pretty good to me! ;)

4. Alfred0 thread starter macrumors newbie

well, before installing Barrel, I remember 10% used to drop in about 8-9 hours in stand-by mode. Now, my battery drops 1% every minute using Wi-Fi =/

----------

lol xD I like coloured posts :D

5. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Are you running iOS5? I have a 3GS jb'd running Barrel among many other useful apps and notice no difference in battery drain.

But either way, I don't understand what your saying. Are you saying you deleted Barrel from cydia/sources, and it still shows on the phone. Or that you deleted and you still have drain? And honestly, your drain seems normal to me.

6. Alfred0 thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS running iOS5. I uninstalled Barrel from Cydia (Packages) after I realized that. To be honest, everyone is telling me that it seems a normal draining, but I am completely sure it started after I installed it. An example, today at 5:02 AM I checked my iPhone clock and the battery was at 45%. A few minutes later, exactly at 5:19 AM it was at 39%.

It seems that in standby, it drains faster than usually and when I'm using it, it drains even faster than before.

Right now, at 8:20 PM the battery was at 31%. I just sent a Text Message and i left my iPhone on my desk. I just checked it (8:27 PM) and the battery is at 25%.

Is that normal? What I'm trying to say is that THAT kind of fast draining didn't appear until i installed Barrel.

7. SurferMan macrumors 65816

iOS5 drains faster then previous OSs'. You have a different issue or other settings running (sync, cloud etc) that may have gotten switched on. Even if barrel was causing issues, if uninstalling from sources, that would fix that. You can try a fresh install and JB again if the drain doesn't seem normal to you.

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'd bet its some other issue not related to barrel..

9. Alfred0 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try with jailbreaking it again to see what happens, thank you :D

----------

It might be, but I started to notice it after I installed barrel =/