Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
With last week's announcements did Apple reduce the cost of the base 11" MBA? Reason I ask is the Apple website still shows $899 for the base model. But I just visited my local Apple Store and they have it listed for $799. I asked a blue shirt but she had no clue. She looked at the price and said yes they must have reduced the price. I pointed out the discrepancy with the website and she said the website must be wrong.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Nope.
Apple upgraded the hardware, but the price remained the same. U.S. price for the basic 11-inch MBAir is what you see - $899
Your store may still have some left over stock of the replaced model, and selling at a discount.
I'm thinking that's a Good Thing™ :D
If it is a new model, then get it, $100 off is a good price.

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
I saw $799 listed at the Apple Store near me too, just last week. Since I already own the 2014 11" I didn't ask if that was for 2014 or 2015 since I'm not looking to purchase a new computer -- but I assume its 2014.

Sounds like a great price (at least by Apple standards) -- and can tell you its a wonderful computer.

Scary to think nobody at the Apple store could tell you which model it was for.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.