Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Hi. Amazon.co.uk are selling the base 11" MBA for £674.00 - is this a better buy than buying direct from Apple for £749? Thanks.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Apple Certified Refurbished
We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a one-year warranty. Supply is limited. See Terms & Conditions.

Sorry there are no refurbished products available, please check back later.

I like buying in the store, tho.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Still a cheaper one on the Apple Refurb store.
Apple Certified Refurbished
We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a one-year warranty. Supply is limited. See Terms & Conditions.

I like buying in the store, tho.
That's really weird. I don't know if there's a problem with their site or people are just buying them like they're crack, but they had a LOT of Macs available.

I've bought several refurbished laptops from Apple and they're just as good as new ... they even look and function like they're new. And they're covered by the same warranty. But if you like buying from the store, I guess that's okay.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
You have to keep checking regularly to find the refurbs you want. I bought a refurb MBA and two refurb Apple TVs there last year. Took several tries to find them in stock. There's a site that will alert you when the model you want becomes available, but I have never used it: https://www.refurb.me/us/

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
The refurbs are sold directly by Apple. :apple:

Yes and sometimes you even get better quality because they have to do much testing to assure the refurbs are really like new.

In noticed this is happening every night. The refurbished section is getting completely empty and a few hours later everything is back again, mostly the same that had been in there before.

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air/11

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-27 um 18.05.33.png

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Yes and sometimes you even get better quality because they have to do much testing to assure the refurbs are really like new.

In noticed this is happening every night. The refurbished section is getting completely empty and a few hours later everything is back again, mostly the same that had been in there before.

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air/11

View attachment 607450
£629? Nice. It's interesting to see that's less expensive than the iPad Pro.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I would get it from John Lewis. They offer a free three year warranty and it's the same price you quoted at Amazon.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
I would get it from John Lewis. They offer a free three year warranty and it's the same price you quoted at Amazon.
I'm buying an iPAd Pro/iPad mini tomorrow. Should I get a 11" MBA/13 "rMBP and a 12" rMB in a few weeks?

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
My current refurb (MBA 13") had a brand new battery. I can't imagine them putting an old, used battery into their refurbished hardware.

poematik13

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2014
Most refurbs are open box items, basically people that returned their computer because they wanted something else. So almost always they are in brand new condition, and in the case that they actually needed repair, they are fully repaired and given a new battery, outer shell, and serial number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.