Base 13" Mackbook pro vs Mac Mini, need some advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by henrikrox, Jun 9, 2010.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

So

I have waited for a new mini for a while now. I wanted to have the base model. which is prob going to cost 5000 NOK.

However i got to thinking, the base mac mini, is prob going to just be a minor cpu bump, up 2.4ghz base, 2gb ram and the 320m.

And most importantly i dont know when its coming out.

So i got to thinking. Maybe i should get the base model macbook pro. Its got the same specs as the new mac mini (probably).

The computer, will be stationary most of the time, but i got to thinking that next year i will start college.

Allthough the macbook pro base, costs 10 000 NOK here in Norway, and the mac mini base 5000 NOK. I havnt decided yet. I have never owned a macbook pro, just regular macbooks.

I guess the macbook pro gives most bang for the buck, considering its portable. All though im preety undecided

And yes im just guessing about mac mini speccs, but thats what i think is most likely.

aaaah the choices *tears hair out*

2. lordofuo macrumors regular

I wouldn't think the base model Mini would be limited to a 2GB start. I would expect 4GB for the base.

With that said, the only difference between the MBP and refreshed Mini would probably be portability. (Not to mention the MBP has a 13" display, Keyboard, and trackpad to suffice for the mouse.)

It's up to you. If you already have a MacBook, you may not need portability. But keep in mind that you would need an external display, and a USB or Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse.
    :apple: