Base 13" MBP TB Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlackMamba14, Jan 19, 2017.

1. BlackMamba14 macrumors regular

Have seen a lot of info on 15" or maxed out MBPs but not much on base 13" models.

What have been people's battery life experiences?

2. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I experience about 5-6 hours. Impossible to get more out of it for me. I do nothing crazy with the machine, but have an average power consumption of 6,5-7 watts per hour and sometimes it spikes a lot. That's at 50% display brightness.

3. BlackMamba14 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you think a future software update from Apple will make a difference? I don't expect 10+ hours but would like 7-8 hours while doing "light-moderate" work.

4. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

I get between 8-9. I use safari, and stripped out some of the bells and whistles. Siri, KB back lighting, auto brightness, shut off blue tooth, and notifications, and only keep open what I am using. I also put Ghostery on Safari which made a big difference.

Overall its a pretty much a fact that the battery life could be better on these new released machines. But overall it works for me for my daily use. If I put this thing to work, I am sure the battery would deplete a lot quicker.

5. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

I initially had a 'base' but returned it for a 512 GB model. Both have given me between 7-10 hours battery consistently. I was a bit hesitant to return the 'base' model due to all the complaints of below average battery life and the model I had was given me excellent battery life. The new one didn't disappoint either so the 'base' went back.

6. debabrata macrumors newbie

debabrata

I experience about 6-7 hours - basically occasional browsing, netflix and youtube (mostly full-screen all the time). Sometimes it goes beyond 8 though. :)