base 13" mbpr suitable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Danando1993, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Danando1993 macrumors regular

Basically I'm looking to update my mac, currently I have an iMac from 2010 but now I need something portable and powerful.

Im studying architecture at the moment in university and have been looking at the base 13 inch retina macbook pro possibly with an upgraded processor from 2.4GHz to 2.6GHZ.

My questions are - will this machine allow me to comfortably use photoshop, autocad and sketchup? Ideally I want it to last me at least three years.

Should I hold back and wait for the next generation or go for the current? the back to school promotion is not too far away and it would be nice to get it soon in time for the new semester in september.

The problem with waiting for the new generation is that it probably won't be released until after I begin university again and obviously it will be after the back to school promotion.

For my needs will the new generation be a considerable improvement over the current?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I personally think a 13" laptop is too small for stuff like photoshop. The 15" rMBP may be a better option.