Base 13" or Base 15" for production music?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by genericman, Apr 24, 2010.

1. genericman macrumors newbie

I cant decide between the portable 13" or the 15" with more screen real estate. Any input is appreciated. I have a budget of around $2500. Thanks.

2. lukeswits macrumors newbie

i produce music and DJ. i'd get the 15 base because you have a big budget but i got the 13 because i only had that much money to spend and im gonna need the small portability to DJ from gig to gig. the 15 is more suited for production because you have bigger screen space and a way better CPU, so go for the 15, your budget allows it.

3. ipsg macrumors member

mbp13 + cinema display:D

4. BeamWalker macrumors 6502a

BeamWalker

The Real Estate you gonna need depends on what you're planning to do. If you use your sequencer only for managing your external instruments you gonna be fine with a 13" model. If you use virtual instruments, effects and all this stuff directly on your machine you gonna need not only the real estate a hi-res 15" will give you but also the advantage of more power.

In any case I highly recommend getting an external monitor. You can pick up a decent 23" Full-HD model for about 200 bucks. This would even be within your budget if you get a 15" hi-res MBP.

5. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

No question 15" More real estate and higher resolution for more information. Better processor can be useful, especially if you need to handle any video. An external monitor is a good idea, but better to spend your money on a higher end notebook and a less expensive monitor rather than the other way around.