Base 13 Pro new or refurbished

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blobs21, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Blobs21 macrumors newbie

What is your take? Should I get the last generation MacBook pro that is refurbished or get the brand new one.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It completely depends on what you prefer. No one can answer that for you. They can only say what they would choose, but that may or may not apply to you.

3. Laco macrumors 6502

Definitely new: much better graphics card and usb3.0 as well as slightly faster CPU

4. Blobs21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I want to know if those upgrades such as CPU and graphics are a big enough bump to buy the new generation.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That depends on what you plan to do with your Mac, what kind of apps you regularly use, etc.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

If you value increased gpu performance, as well as usb 3, I would opt new. If those aren't really a factor, get a refurb

7. Blobs21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys I think the new one will be good for me it's not all that much more and it has the most updated items. Gracias

8. dougsterown macrumors newbie

I was in that same dilemma yesterday and went with the new one. 3.0 USB and updated graphics card! faster processor as well. i got it for $1100 with the student discount and $100 dollar app store card. Go with the new one you wont regret it. :D

9. Karr271 macrumors regular

Depends if you believe the price difference is worth it. The difference between a new base model and a refurb base model is $270. To some that can be a lot to pay for slightly better graphics and USB 3.0. Or $170 with the education discount. If I was in the same dilemma I would think about spending the $170 that I would save by getting a refurb on a 120gb SSD and upgrading to 8 or 16gb ram.