Base 13in late 2016 MacBook Pro w/o touch bar question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jordan246, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Jordan246 macrumors regular

Jordan246

Hi I have a question I've heard there is this issue going around were people are having graphics card issues with the base 2016 MacBook Pro w/o touch bar are these true because I was thinking of buying one in January for college. Also will there be a fix for this before I go buy it in January. Please let me know. Thanks

2. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

According to this article from earlier today, it can affect any of the late 2016 MacBook Pros. I myself have not encountered any problems. Seems like it's more than a fluke, but I certainly wouldn't count on it happening.

3. Jordan246 thread starter macrumors regular

Jordan246

So your saying when I buy this machine in January it shouldn't have this graphics issue
    --- Post Merged, Dec 2, 2016 ---
    So you are trying to say that when I get this machine it shouldn't have this issue

4. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I suspect there are very few machines affected. I had a base 13" nTB for two weeks and it was perfect. Ultimately exchanged it for the 15" version, but that's a different story. I wouldn't worry in the slightest. And they are all of course covered by warranty. Personally, I recommend AppleCare on laptops since they can be expensive to repair outside of warranty.

5. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

These types of bugs will exist when it comes to any type of technology. It should get ironed out with time but for me personally, I thankfully have yet to come across any issues such as this.

6. Garage Battle macrumors member

where did you see that 13" nTB people were having graphics card issues?

7. Jordan246 thread starter macrumors regular

Jordan246

On the main page of MacRumors