Base 15" MBP laggy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sanctified89, Oct 20, 2012.

1. sanctified89 macrumors newbie

Hey folks, so overall I'm pretty happy with my computer but I noticed some odd issues tonight. I had minecraft running with a HD texture pack, skype for VOIP, chrome, and itunes. Everything but itunes was running in one desktop, itunes was running separately in another. Switching between all the programs in desktop 1 was ok (only a little laggy), but as soon as I switched to itunes, it became very sluggish, especially when activating expose. When I switched itunes over to the same desktop as the other programs, everything sped up (still not full speed, but much faster).

I checked istatpro and everything seemed fine, my cpu was barely being used and I had plenty of available ram (no pageouts) Something still seems off though, because as I'm typing this message out, there is a definite delay to when I press the keys and when the characters appear. Am I expecting too much of a core i7, 8GB of ram, and a 256GB SSD or is there some software issue with having programs in separate desktops? I spent quite a bit of money on this computer (between the initial cost and aftermarket upgrades), so I'm hoping it's a software glitch somewhere (or something I'm doing wrong with my setup).

2. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

What type of MacBook Pro is it? What graphics card is in use when you do all that stuff? What version of Mac OS X are you running?

3. sanctified89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, it's a 2012 base with the gt 650m 512mb VRAM and running osx 10.8.2.

4. jffluis macrumors regular

jffluis

This is the evidence that the UI lag does not affect not only MBPr but also other MBP, Classic or Air.
    We are all waiting for a fix from Apple. This must be a drivers issue from Intel HD 4000 or Nvidia GT650M.
    i have the sames issues as you when I'm typing/deleting text, I feel a bit of lag.
    The worst case is that I use Xcode a lot, and scrolling through code is very choppy!

5. sanctified89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I'm glad it's not only me. Hoping they fix the drivers soon, the dedicated gpu was on the whole time.

6. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

I experienced this as well. Im is all since upgrading from 4GB of ram to 8GB.