Price Advice Base 2011 13" MacBook Air w Samsung SSD and Samsung LCD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JTravers, Dec 11, 2011.

  1. JTravers macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2010
    #1
    I bought a base 13" MBA in September. It was my first OS X computer, and I love it. Love it so much, actually, that I decided to get a MBP 15 HR/AG so I could have more power and a larger screen (I mainly use the laptop at home, so the MBA's portability isn't that important).

    The warranty is good through September 8, 2012.

    How much do you think I could sell this for considering it has the Samsung SSD and display?

    I have had it listed on my local Craigslist for a couple days and have only had 1 serious buyer. They want it for $1,000. I am waiting to hear from you guys ;) what a fair price is before I counter-offer.

    Also, I'm a little bit leary of selling on eBay for fear of getting scammed. Do you think selling on eBay is worth the risk considering the higher sale price I'll probably get there?

    Thanks!
     
  2. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

    Veinticinco

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2009
    Location:
    Europe
    #2
    A word to the wise, the Sammy SSD and display is worth the princely sum of eff all above and beyond the market rate for your MBA. Just because some people obsess over detail like that on here does not mean there's any sort of premium. 99.9% of potential buyers out there don't know. The other 0.1% don't care. OR that might be vice versa but amounts to the same thing.

    Good luck with the sale regardless.
     
  3. JTravers, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

    JTravers thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2010
    #3
    One might think that if the laptop was listed in the right forum, with knowledgeable buyers, it might sell for a little extra. I guess that's just wishful thinking.

    Any price advice?
     
  4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

    Koodauw

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2003
    Location:
    Madison
    #4
    Refurbs are $1099 so I would say under that. I would take the deal if I were you.
     
  5. JTravers thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2010
    #5
    Thanks for the input.
    It is greatly appreciated.
     
  6. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

    dlimes13

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    Location:
    Perrysburg, OH
    #6
    It's $1099 for the 2010 model, not the 2011 model (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air). Though, I would say around $1000-$1075.

    The only thing wrong w/ eBay is you get raped with eBay AND PayPal fees. If you sell it for $1100, you might only get $950 after fees and shipping.
     
  7. Akack macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2011
    Location:
    USA
    #7
    The fact it has a Samsung SSD/LCD does not increase the value to the craigslist crowd.

    Refurb from Apple is 1099 + tax (when in stock www.refurb.me/us/ ). Think $ 1,000-1050 is a good target price.
     
  8. JTravers thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2010
    #8
    Thanks for the input. I guess I'll be patient and see if I can get $1050 for it. If not, I'll settle for $1000.

    Wish I had more posts so I could list it here ;)
     

Share This Page