Base/Highend 15 inch MBP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Surfing@Blacks, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Surfing@Blacks macrumors regular

Thought I would ask for your opinions as well. I will be using final cut pro x when it finally comes out to do some surfing vids, music vids, and pictorial vids. I will be capturing video on my t2i and will be doing editing on my machine. Mostly color adjustments, cutting and syncing to music, speeding up and slowing down frames. I was wondering if I would notice a huge difference jumping up from the base model to the highend model.

No CGI or gaming will be done on this machine. Most extensive programs will come from photoshop/illustrator and final cut pro x.

Would like your opinions, thanks.

2. xStep macrumors 68000

Since you specifically mentioned FCPX, I'll say what others will say. Wait until it is released and some reports come back regarding its use. At minimum, wait for the release so you know what Apple says the recommended hardware is.

3. alph45 macrumors member

the quad i7 is what really does the trick when it comes to video, and this is mostly during compression. i personally got the 2.2 because i wanted a bit of longevity in the gpu, but other than the gpu and a 10% processor boost, it's the same machine.

Regardless of the specs for fcpx i would expect it to rock on both machines. it will be the first fcp that can take full advantage of multi-core.