Base level for auto brightness

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gaanee, Jan 9, 2014.

1. gaanee macrumors 6502a

Is there a base level for auto brightness and how do you set it? Like in normal daylight inside a room you setup a brightness level and in darker or brighter conditions auto brightness adjusts relative to the room condition. I have tried adjusting the brightness but auto feature somehow changes it to what it wants not what I set.

2. white4s macrumors 65816

3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Eureka! After having jumped thru the min brightness/max brightness adjustment hoops several times in the past year, I followed the instructions in Link #1. (Turn OFF Auto-Bright, drag slider all the way down to least possible setting, go into a dark room and then turn Auto-Bright back ON.) I now have an iPhone 5 & iPad 4 (iOS 6) and iPad Mini-r (iOS 7) all working properly in the brightness department for the first time ever. Thanks. :)

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I've never had problems with auto brightness. Ever.

Don't have to do any calibration or anything special. I have auto brightness on and in a dark room I set the desired brightness.

From then on that is the minimum brightness and it never fails.

5. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Lucky you. I've burned my retinas in the wee hours more times than I can count. :( Particularly nuclear when awakened from sleep. :mad:

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Wow. This is the second thing I've learned today. :D My wife and I had given up on auto brightness because it never worked for us. I just did the dark room thing and now I see the slider slowly creep up when I turn on the lights. Sheesh.