Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
So I purchased the base tier M3 Max Macbook Pro 2 weeks ago and love it, The thing is a beast and runs circles around my M1 Mac Mini, however, I was trying to gather info on the top Tier M3 Max (16 Core CPU, 40 Core GPU and 48GB System Memory) I have tried to find benchmarks but cant seem to find any that are comparing the 2 systems, I use Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and now just recently started using Topaz Labs Video Ai and Photo AI which are very GPU and CPU intensive application.

I am trying to find out how much of a improvement will I see with the top tier M3 Max vs the Base M3 Max I just purchased, I know the increased memory is always a good thing but I'm not sure if the extra CPU and GPU cores will increase the rendering times, If its only going to be a few seconds then, of course, its not worth the $500 difference but if it can shave off a few minutes that it may be worth it especially since I dont upgrade my Macs very often.

Does anyone have any comparisons or know what improvements I will be looking at?

Thanks for any insight!

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
im sure you can find videos of the numbers you are seeking online and compare videos. ive got the 128gb/8tb 16 inch variant and it handles everything i throw at it without heating up or breaking a sweat. but seems yours does as well so... ;)

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
im sure you can find videos of the numbers you are seeking online and compare videos. ive got the 128gb/8tb 16 inch variant and it handles everything i throw at it without heating up or breaking a sweat. but seems yours does as well so... ;)
I have searched and there is nothing, Everything seems to be comparing the Pro to the Max, not the 2 different Max models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.