Base model as my primary machine?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by calganelle, May 8, 2015.

1. calganelle macrumors member

I originally ordered a customized 1.3, 512 GB rMB but canceled it to get the 1.1 from Best Buy -- ordered it yesterday and it'll be here on Tuesday. The reason for that is I have a pretty decked out rMBP that I'm selling, but the performance hasn't blown me away compared to my friends who have lower specs, etc. In fact, this laptop sometimes shuts down randomly, freezes, and lags, and since I paid top dollar for it, I'm not too pleased about that. Could just be the machine itself but I'm starting to realize no laptop will be perfect :rolleyes:

I'm going to be a full time student so my laptop is for socializing on Facebook/twitter/tumblr, note taking, news reading, and Netflix/hulu/youtube watching. Will the 1.1 base model be an issue for this? If it is, I'll have to wait 3-5 weeks for the 1.2 and time is a factor in this, as well, since my current laptop will be gone by then.

I'm basically asking for those who have the base model to comment on the performance thus far. Thanks!

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I, like many others, am using the rMB base as my primary machine. It replaced a 2015 13" rMBP. I use it for remote desktop, office, internet, etc. Very basic task. I dock when I get to work to an external monitor. It does everything my pro did and just as good.

From what you described, it sounds like it will fit your needs.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

With what you are wanting to do the new MB will do very well.

4. calganelle thread starter macrumors member

Great. Thank you for your responses! I'm excited to test out my new Macbook soon. :)