Base Model MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by caldavey, Jan 7, 2008.

1. caldavey macrumors member

caldavey

I understand that the people at Mac Rumors do not know everything and are not fortune tellers, but I am just too anxious to wait and need to think about the new MBP and I was wondering if you guys could give us your best predictions about the base model of the new MBP. Not your fantasy of it having a capacity of 16GB of RAM or a 4.0Ghz processor, but what you think will come out on the 15th for the base model.
    Thanks for the help in advance. :D

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think it'll be more or less exactly like the base model now, with a slightly faster/cooler CPU.

They might be totally revamped. They're due. But the Mac Pros and the reported subnotebook might mean no substantial MBP changes.

It's just a week. Wait along with the rest of us. :)

3. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

So maybe a 2.4Ghz for $1999? What about a better graphics card? Like 256 video memory on the 8600?

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Try searching around the forum. They're plenty of threads discussing the prediction of the upcoming MBP.

It's surely going to have a Penryn processor with a slightly upgraded GPU, a larger hard drive (maybe 160GB as standard).

I can't say much as I have absolutely no idea

5. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

I have no idea what a GPU is... but cool I like the bigger HD. All I really want is a better graphics card. A faster processor would be nice, as well as the bigger HD, but that's not my main concern.

6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

GPU is the video card,lol

7. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

I remember someone posted up a link with the comparison between the 128 and the 256 and it was only like a 10-15% increase (certainly not 100% ;)) difference. So it'll be a nice reward to get maybe 10% better performance, 10% better battery life and 10% better GPU and probably a 'free' 40 gigs or so for the same price point as before.