Base rmbp 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by miltonbull, Jun 24, 2014.

1. miltonbull macrumors member

miltonbull

Local store has discount on the late 2013 base model with 4gb and 128gb ssd. Anyone using it? hows it working? any flaws? Im a causal user(safari, spotify,mail, netflix). Ive read stories here about the 13 inch being laggy.

Appreciate any thoughts and inputs.

2. FrozenDarkness macrumors 65816

Pretty good. Judging from your sig though, you may be disappointed since it's a step back in ram

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm sure it will be fine given your stated usage patterns. You'll probably not see any issues with using 4GB over 8GB.

4. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

I was wondering this as well. Mainly, will 4gigs of ram go as far on the rMBP as it will on the Air? I figured the screen resolution on the retina model may take more overall resources, therefore will performance appear less than the identical specs on an Air?

Going to get my wife either the base model Air or the base model rMBP and wanted to know if I can expect the same performance in the base model rMBP that I get in my base model Air?

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Don't underestimate the 2.4/4/128 13" rMBP, BGR tested it and it performed amazingly well.

http://bgr.com/2013/11/18/apple-13-inch-retina-macbook-pro-review-late-2013/

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

if there is a discount on it, get it!
    it work just fine.

7. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Not sure if you have picked one up yet but I got one tonight for my wife and it runs great. Easily as smooth as my Air with no lag whatsoever. I too was nervous about the 4/128 config but with the BB sale plus student discount plus movers coupon etc we got a rMBP base model for under 1,000 and so far it's great. I love the Air's form factor, battery life etc, but the more I look at this retina display, the harder it is to not give her my Air and keep this one for myself!