Base storage on the next rMBP and increase in price?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by leedy, Nov 14, 2015.

1. leedy macrumors newbie

The fact that the base rMB comes with 256gb leads me to think that the updated line of rMBP will be the same (getting rid of the 128gb option).
    Based on past history, does Apple tend to keep the price intact and just increase storage capacity?
    What worries me is that the current 13" base model is actually cheaper than the rMB. If Apple releases a better speced rMBP (with possibly a thinner chassis) for a lower price, what will be the appeal of the rMB?

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

The appeal of the rmb is the size and weight.

3. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

I could see them starting at 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD like they did for the rMB. If the rMBP gets thinner and lighter it will still be heavier and thicker than the rMB and will most likely still run circles around the rMB when it comes to CPU performance. I'm not sure what they'll do with pricing, it's possible they'll keep the same base price, who knows?

4. Pelea macrumors 6502

storage space is apple's favorite place to milk as much money as possible out of consumers, don't expect 256gb with the next model, and even if it were to start at 256, there would probably be a price increase or a slower ssd.