Baseband 04.10.01 = Unlock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by juukyuu, Mar 19, 2012.

1. juukyuu macrumors newbie

Hello! Does this baseband 04.10.01 on iPhone4 in any way indicates that it's already factory unlocked? I'm just wondering since I don't want to buy the wrong iPhone in an used condition which is unlocked through the hacking method; would like to have it factory unlocked instead.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cannot tell from the baseband version if the iphone is factory unlocked.
    You have to test out a few different sims to make sure.
    That particular baseband version is unlockable with a gevey turbo sim so be carefull before you purchase. It might just be a locked iphone with the sim adapter to unlock but if you ever update it to official firmware you will lose the unlock and wont be able to use it.

3. juukyuu thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh, I see. The seller stated that the iPhone is in fact, factory unlocked. Should I be worried despite of that certain baseband being unlockable with gevey?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If he says it's factory unlocked and not gevey unlocked make sure you save his emails or messages. In case if he lies you can return it and get your money back.

5. hieuky macrumors member

Thanks a lot!