Baseband and Boot Loader Versions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eagleglen, Jun 26, 2010.

1. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I'm simply trying to gather information on my 3gs so I can sell it. I've been using the info from www.jailbreakmatrix.com to see whether or not it can be jailbroken and unlocked. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind helping a newbie.

1. Is the Modem Firmware number (in Settings>General>About) the same as the Baseband number? Mine is 05.13.04. In the JailbreakMatrix it only goes up to 05.13.03. Is mine even newer and therefore can't be jailbroken or unlocked?

2. Is what the JailbreakMatrix calls the Firmware 4.0 referring to iOS 4?

3. The methods it describes to find my Boot Loader number seem to only work with a PC. Is there a way I can find this out from my Mac?

4. Finally, in general, if mine can not be unlocked, do you expect it to be possible in the near future? Also, is this info necessary to get top dollar for my used iphone?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Forcast (Mac or PC) Sure you don't mean bootrom ? Bootloader means nothing on 3GS
    4) A 3GS with old bootrom and SHSH hashes saved back to 3.1.2 will be worth the most

3. iiBenxD macrumors newbie

Nevermind, sorry, someone else replied before I did...

4. eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

So I used f0recast and it says I have bootloader 6.4. I was expecting a number like 359.3.2. Is this the same thing?

It also says Yes for Untethered and that it means I have the old bootrom. So the million dollar question, is it unlockable?

Thanks for directing me to f0recast btw.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Apparently you didn't bother to read the entire answer to question 3 or you would not have needed to post your first question.