Baseband core dump. Anyone else seen one yet?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dictoresno, Jan 22, 2014.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I noticed my cell signal was really really bad for the past few hours (one or two dots of 1x) and all of a sudden the "Baseband Core Dump is in progress" notification came up. Once I clicked OK, the notification went away and by signal went from "Searching" to 4 dots of LTE. I have never seen this on any 6.0, 6.1, 7.0 beta up to now until running 7.1 beta 4. Anyone else see one on this beta?

Ive googled it and have seen a bunch of older 2009-2011 posts regarding it here and on other forums, but they never really seem to have much information about it. Does anyone have any detailed info about them? Is it a beta only thing?

2. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

3. HyperliteG4 macrumors regular

HyperliteG4

Mine just started doing it today, I'm on beta 5 which I updated over the air from beta 4. I was search around to see if there were any answers because no amount of cycling the phone will fix it. I'm going to reload the beta to see if that resolves it for me.

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I know this is an older thread, but I've recently started to get these on my 4S and never have in the past. I recently had a carrier update applied through iTunes.

I've restored and clicked Cancel when it asks if I want to update the carrier settings.

Hopefully this should solve the problem.

Can carrier updates cause this?

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

When I switch my phone on in the morning, I get some previously unseen on any other iOS pop-up saying something about my network being unobtainable, but then it connects me anyway :-/