Baseband warning from Dev-Team

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Espo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Espo macrumors 6502

Hey guys. I was going to jailbreak and I saw this on the Dev-team blog and it spooked me a bit.

'WARNING — YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF UPDATING TO 06.15.

There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
    If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
    Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).'

Does this mean if I restore Apple will still see my jailbreak? Don't wanna void my warranty.

Appreciate the help

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That;s only if you unlock your iPhone. There is no need to put the iPad's baseband on unless you need the unlock. And no, the iPad's baseband is not put on your iPhone if you jailbreak it. Only if you actually want it. The default is not putting it on.

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

This is exactly right if you want to unlock your phone. Jailbreak only does not need to upgrade your Iphone baseband. Once ipad baseband installs, no matter what you do, you can downgrade it to the previous baseband. Therefore, when you bring the phone in for service, Apple will see 06.15 baseband and this baseband is not for Iphone. So, they know it has been hacked.

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Welcome to 2 months ago! Very old news. You know if you actually bothered to read that post you would have the answer to your question already.

You didn't bother to read the dev team's post on it so why would you bother to read any replies in this thread?

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can't downgrade a bb, once it's been updated (i.e., you're stuck on 6.15).

6. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

:D Agreed!

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Thanks for catching my typo....You know what I mean...I mean "Can't" but I did type "can" :)