Based on what you've seen so far, will you jailbreak iOS 6?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by palmerc2, Jun 13, 2012.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Let's pretend the day iOS 6 is released there's an untethered JB available, even on the next iPhone...will you jailbreak?

Me personally, I haven't decided yet. I love SBSettings, I like 3G Unr. to watch full res videos on YouTube. I like having the extra icons on the status bar. I also like having LockInfo with all weather, texts, calls, emails and calendar events. Let me put it this way: when I get the new iPhone and if there isn't a jailbreak available for a few months, I won't exactly be going crazy without it.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Absolutely!!! ;)

Without a Jailbreak I rather have a flip phone.

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

iOS6 hasn't added nearly enough to make me not want to jailbreak so YES I will definitely jailbreak as soon as a jb is available. Maybe add a poll?

4. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Yep. I'll keep jailbreaking for the basic conveniences that Apple (inexplicably) refuses to include.

Cyntact - Contact pictures in lists
    SBSettings - Quick access to toggles
    SwipeSelection - Move cursor by swiping
    BiteSMS - Respond to texts in popup

Of course there might be other tweaks I will install after jailbreaking, but these four are the real hangups for me, primarily because they are dead-simple and enhance the user experience a lot, and there's no reason Apple couldn't do all of them in a matter of weeks. So if they're going to continue to be (almost insultingly) stubborn, I'll continue to jailbreak. :p

5. Beeray macrumors regular

I'll jb in a New York minute. I love the ncsettings.

Beeray

6. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Why wouldn't you jailbreak EVER? It makes the device much more customizable should you want to do different things with it, it's reversable, and can always be restored if something does go wrong. Even if a few features you JB for become native, the flexibility is still too valuable to me (and I'd wager most users here feel the same). Oh yeah - and it doesn't cost anything. /thread :)

7. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Of course I will still jailbreak!

- Folders are still limited
    - No gestures on iPhones
    - No quick way to change settings
    - Notification center is still limited
    - and many more... :)

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

probably, the main thing I now jailbreak for is SBsettings. Though there are a few things I use every now and then from cydia. I will probably update this time before a JB is released though.

9. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I will JB because of NCsettings and HD YouTube video streaming over cellular via 3G unrestrictor.

10. Applejuiced, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hell yeah, I will always JB or stay on older firmware untill I can JB again.

11. Axne1 macrumors member

Axne1

12. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Yes, there are too many good tweaks that enhance the functionality of the phone that are not part of iOS 6 (as far as I know). And I will wait to update my current phone until a JB is available.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

yup!!! I can already say that if I stiill have a iPhone I will jb 7.0 and 8.0 as well. :D

14. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Apple could add every jailbreak tweak currently out, and the jailbreak community would just come out with something new that would make me jailbreak.

15. palmerc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Interesting input. A few of you have mentioned other things I currently have which I sort of forgot about because I'm so used to them. They include: infinifolders and a tweak that automatically closes the folder and goes to the main home screen when an app is closed, I forget what it's called right now.

Forgive my ignorance on the subject as I really don't know much about it, but why doesn't apple open up the flexibility for developers to make enhancements such as these? Apple could still regulate it and make sure their tweak isn't buggy. Or is that's what's happening with Andriod and it's sort of turning into a disaster?

16. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Springtomize 2 does this and about a million other things.

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

Apple prefers a closed tight IOS experience they like the control in there hands. We like the control in our hands. We could list endless app tweaks and theme that we jb. my best advice is read up on it and try it you can always go back..

18. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Why not !

19. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The ios6 jailbreak is going to take a long time...

20. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Jailbreak w/o a doubt, the updates they made barely change anything about the point of jailbreaking. Still a ton of app's that make iOS more efficient and better to use than stock.

Why do I get the feeling though that a jailbreak for iOS6 is going to take a loooooong time :rolleyes:

21. onefish2 macrumors member

onefish2

I have spent at least $75 on apps and tweaks over the past 3 years from Cydia. Why wouldn't I want to keep using them when IOS 6 comes out?

22. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

biteSMS, NCSettings, FolderEnhancer, Dimmer, and just general customization to my liking will keep me jailbreaking for a while.

23. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

If what I'm understanding about iTunes Match on iOS6 is accurate - it may tempt me to update prior to a jailbreak being released (although I'll JB again as soon as one is available).

If I'm reading correctly on the front page here, it will stream music in your iTunes library to your device, thus freeing up space on the device itself (mine is nearly maxed out...).

If that's not correct - I'll be waiting for the JB before updating.

24. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

after jailbreaking, which i had never done prior to 5.1.1 and absinthe 2 (and now feel stupid that i was ever scared to), I just dont think I could live without that little brown cydia icon...hell, it would be worth it for nothing else but BiteSMS!