Baseline 13inch MBP vs MBA: Screen Resolution?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Eahdawn, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Eahdawn macrumors member

What's up fellas,

I'm looking to buy my first ever Macbook in the next 2 months for college (Computer Science), and am seeing that the resolution on the Air is a winning factor for most people, even with the faster CPU on the Pro. Is the screen that much better that I would notice it coming from an 6 YEAR OLD (Yes, 8) 1280 x 800 15 inch Windows machine? The bump in resolution/SSD would be nice, but is it worth trading out the better CPU? I plan on upgrading whichever MB I get to 8GB RAM also.

Thanks! :)

2. Eahdawn thread starter macrumors member

I'm also aware that the 13 inch Pro has better colors, deeper blacks and all that than the Air. I love Photos, but wouldn't the higher resolution outweigh the better color range when it comes to photo viewing?

All replies appreciated.

3. robvas macrumors 68020

If you live near an Apple Store, Best Buy, Microcenter... you can just look at them in person

4. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

That's true, but most of those stores (certainly my local Apple store) have bright overhead fluorescent lights.

OP, consider that while the CPU is a bit faster in the MBP, the SSD in the Air is many times faster, making the Air considerably faster for most tasks. It's also a lot lighter to carry around campus.

Whichever model you choose, you'll find the screen considerably better than your old PC by a huge margin.