Baseline 15' MacBook Pro + Xbox one or high end MacBook Pro? Late 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MattMoney, Nov 10, 2013.

1. MattMoney macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm on the fence as to whether I should pick up the Baseline 15' MacBook Pro + an Xbox one or getting high end MacBook Pro? Both Late 2013 editions. I'm a stock broker who works hard, but also likes to game on occasion (mainly BF4 & COD). Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

2. that1guyy macrumors 6502

It doesn't seem like you'll benefit from the high end mbp so go buy a console for your gaming needs. The baseline mbp will more than enough powerful.

3. offthehook macrumors member

Hey Matt!

I'm in the same boat. I will probably go with a baseline 15'' retina or a refurbished 2012/2013 one and buy a xbox one for gaming (have a 360 now). Don't really NEED a dGPU as I only play SC II and Diablo 3 on mine but for a 2000 $ computer I want the best out of it, so I will probably go with a refurbished model if I can get my hands on it.

Hank

4. yabot macrumors regular

After being an Xbox fan all my life and always buying them over playstation. This time round i'll be buying a PS4 :(.

5. sonyisawesome macrumors regular

Considering the fact that this new all "powerful" integrated iris pro 5200 struggles within the range of 25-30 fps with low-medium setting for games like Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, you might as well just go for the last year' model with 650m and get yourself Xbox one or PS4. You will still have some money left by getting the last year model and spend them towards Dead Rising 3 or Forza!

6. MattMoney thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input guys! I should also state that I have the option of buying the high end Late 2013 MacBook Pro for $2399 and the baseline for $1899. I'm having a hard time finding a refurb cheaper than these options. Also I would like to connect the macbook to my external hd monitors, maybe two or three of them. Would this make any difference?