Baseline MacBook pro or iMac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by applefanboy4739, Aug 24, 2011.

1. applefanboy4739 macrumors member

Hey I need to decide between a MacBook pro or an iMac, both completely baseline. I simply need it for web surfing, a little video editing for school but nothing major, photoshop, stuff like that. Potability would be nice but it's not really and issue. I've heard that the smaller iMacs are relatively easy to get around. So my question is, is the extra power worth this loss in portability?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Sounds like you have fairly basic uses, which either computer would be plenty powerful enough for. If you have a need for portability, even if it isn't that big, you should go with the MacBook Pro. The 13" models aren't quite as powerful as the base iMacs, but they are pretty close, and the 15" models are actually more powerful than all of the i5 iMacs, at least in the CPU department.

If you want, you can also get a monitor to hook up to your computer to have a little more space to work when at a desk. I have a 20" monitor for my MacBook, and it's great to have for working on spreadsheets, or when I mess around in Ps, etc.

3. randomrazr macrumors 65816

do you want portability? if yes than imac

its pretty simple

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

sounds a bit backwards to me.

5. randomrazr macrumors 65816

hes comparing to computers that are ment for different purposes. how is it backwards?

6. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Say what?

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816

o crap "smacks head" i ment macbook pro

sorry people! its late lol