Basement Flooring

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bruinsrme, Oct 4, 2009.

1. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

We are looking to tile our basement. The area is mostly dry, but we have had some water at times, no major flooding.
    We do not plan on leveling the floor, and the system doesn't have to be anything fancy.

Have you tiled such and area? If so, please share the product used, how the installation went, and approximate cost per square foot.

Thank you
    Scott
    Feel free to PM as well thanks

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

When the floor dies get wet where does the water enter? Wall or floor?

3. bruinsrme thread starter macrumors 601

bruinsrme

the water comes through a field stone foundatiion.

The main reason we have water coming is due to the steep pitch of the roof and lousy gutters. with new 5 inch gutters and better drainage management we are anticiating this will help.
    The only time we had any appreciable water i when the sump pump discharge was coming back in. That too has been fixed. We weren't aware of this until one winter we had a lot of rain and the ground was saturated. As we diverted the water to the pump. As fast as we fed the pump it was coming right back in.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

We had a floor company install 12" VCT on our entire basement. I'm guessing it cost about a dollar per tile. But, that's based on my fuzzy memory of the amount of the bill, and a rough estimate of the area working from the area of our above-ground 1-1/2 story home.