Baseus Sport Bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Tumblrmeme, May 8, 2015.

1. Tumblrmeme macrumors newbie

Did anybody buy one of the new sport bands baseus made for the apple watch? They look almost exactly like the ones apple makes. I just bought a white one for my 38 SS.

2. greychocobo macrumors member

hmm seems like on amazon most of their straps had bad reviews. quality wise and doesnt come with a band

3. Gmlens macrumors newbie

I bought a leather strap with the tooling to unscrew the original apple strap from it. IT DOES NOT WORK the tooling (screwdriver) is just for the 4 delivered screws with their watch band, THE TOOLING DOES NOT WORK taking off the apple strap

4. ianfann macrumors 6502

Of course it does not work. Apple uses pentalobe screws, third party band makers like baseus use normal philip screws. You'll need to buy the pentalobe screw driver to open up apple's band adapters

5. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

Looking at the pictures on Alibaba it looks like their sport bands don't have the magnetic pin mechanism on the lug. If I'm correct that means the bands would only be held in place by friction. Given that I'll actually be working out wearing the watch (running, cycling, crossfit) I wouldn't trust a band that doesn't have the magnetic pin.