Bash my UI

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Awooga, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Awooga, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011

Awooga macrumors newbie

Hello,

For the past weeks I've been working on the UI of an iPhone app (the coder left me in the lurch but I thought it would be a good exercise to complete it; maybe I can sell it to someone else)

Anyway, it's a photo uploader for the iPhone & iPod touch and looks like this (by now):

[​IMG]

As you can see i'm not a pro, but I want to improve...
    If you can tell me what's wrong with the UI you would help me a lot...

Thanks in advance
    Benedikt

2. psonice macrumors 6502a

Looks good to me. Only thing I'm not too keen on is the mail/twitpic etc. icons. They're good, but look too much like app icons instead of buttons, especially on a dock-like bar at the bottom. Unless of course they launch an app-like new window?

3. Awooga thread starter macrumors newbie

No, actually not...

An alternative would be:
    1.) circular icons
    2.) angular icons
    3.) text (doesn't work very well, as you have to make the text quite tiny; it also doesn't look like a button then...)

Or are there any other alternatives?

Thanks a lot for your comment...

4. psonice macrumors 6502a

Just make the buttons anything other than square with rounded corners? If they were rectangular, they'd look like buttons, it's just that they are pretty much the exact same size + shape as the iphone's app icons so that's what they look like. Just a small difference would do it.

5. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

I say go either round or segmented. Round will go nicely with the upload image and segmented will go nicely with the camera/library button. Also, it looks like you need a title on your navigation bar.