Basic Accounting Software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by umboy678, Jan 29, 2008.

1. umboy678 macrumors newbie

I'm working on a small indie film, and need to keep track of expenses, donations, etc. - anybody have any ideas as to what a good piece of software is out there that'll help with this? I'm hesitant to just use Excel or Numbers. Thanks!

2. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

What it your hesitancy in terms of using Excel or Numbers? I think you will find that most accounting programs will have much more than you need.

3. umboy678 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if line-by line expenses will be really feasible in it, or if it'll get unweildy after a while, in terms of just being all over the place on one spreadsheet.

4. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

I've been using iBank for some time and while it's not perfect it's pretty good:

www.iggsoftware.com/ibank

It's more of a money management package than accounting though (no balance sheets, Schedule C, etc). They have a demo available so give it a try if you think it might work for you.

5. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I think Numbers or Excel would work perfectly for a small film like you are working on. I would find it hard to believe that it would not be sufficient. Accounting software is usually not very cheap...

6. ArchiMark macrumors 6502

If you're running a business, then check out MYOB AccountEdge, pretty easy to use, but powerful...

If you're really just trying to track expense, etc, then maybe Quicken or competitors is OK.

And if you needs are really basic, then Excel, should be just fine....

HTH,

Mark