Basic Address Book problem: difficulty sending group e-mails

Discussion in 'macOS' started by d-lock, Oct 23, 2009.

1. d-lock macrumors newbie

I am using OS.X and have just started trying to make more use of the Address Book function.

I intend to set up a e-mail mailinglist with all my company's contacts, a few hundred, as well as a list to make address labels for snail mail. However, I have encountered difficulties at a very early stage:
    I set up a test group of 3 addresses and attempted a "mass-mail" to these by right clicking and choosing the command <send Email to "test group">. My Entourage client pops up with a new message where 'test group' is written in the To: field. These e-mails cannot be sent however as they contain no actual e-mail addresses. I have tried to find a place in preferences in Address Book where I can regulate the communication between my Address Book and the e-mail client, but unfortunately this is oh-so-simplified giving me little leverage as to get to grips with the problem.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

works fine with Mail for me. may be an Entourage issue. to use Mail it will have to be the default email reader which can be set in Mail's preferences.