Basic HelloWorld xCode help?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by I-Bot, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I-Bot macrumors member

I-Bot

So, I am trying to do a basic xCode of HelloWorld which I was able to find a tutorial of online but I just can't seem to figure out these three errors I am having with it, if anyone can give me any assistance or support with these that would be very greatful. I have added a screenshot of the error so if anyone could help me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Which tutorial? Please provide a link.

Does the tutorial provide a zipped project file for you to compare your code against? You should at least review your code and ensure it is typed exactly as the tutorial shows. Your first error relates to the fact your @property doesn't specify a datatype.

3. cMacSW macrumors regular

The line should be like this:

@property UIButton *HelloButton;

But this will only fix part of the problem, as demo suggests provide a link to the tutorial

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Indeed, you need a property that does this @property UIButton-> which is your User Interface Button, * -> pointer, hellWorldButton -> name;
    Neat coding wise it's good to allways set your names to start with small letters, never with Capitals, that's for Classes..
    Also, what's up with all those breakpoints? you know you can set one breakpoint and just do a step over, step over..