Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jodyrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
I have purchased an ipod mini, I also have a dell digital jukebox. I am able to download music with a P2P file sharing network and play them on my dell. Do you have to pay for music through itunes, or can you use a file sharing network to download. I have tried to put songs on the ipod from Bearshare and morpheus, but the ipod does not play them. The play buttonis on, but the song does not play or count down. HELP!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Any valid .mp3 file should work correctly. If iTunes can play it, your iPod can play it.

We don't condone piracy on these forums so although P2P has legal uses too, please be careful about what you're posting on MacRumors.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
bousozoku said:
If iTunes can play it, your iPod can play it.

Excellent rule of thumb but there's the occasional MP3 that will not transfer to iPods (and it brings up a dialogue box telling you so). This can be remedied by converting the MP3 to something else (or even the same thing) using the Advanced menu. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.