Basic image viewer such as Xee

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 199708, Dec 11, 2008.

1. 199708 macrumors 6502

This may be a question for windows users that have changed over to OSX.
    OSX users also.

Ive been a long time windows user, and have come to love ACDsee image viewer/browser particularly version 3. it was basic, allowed me to also change image sizes and really compressed images well. It loaded instantly, and did basic jobs very well.

I use Photoshop when i need to do a lot of work on photo's, however its a pain to open that, or iPhoto each time to just change the size of 1 or 5 images.

Currently using Xee, to view my images, loads fast, but doesn't have the editing capabilities or adjusting sizes/compression rates.

any recommendations?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. 199708 thread starter macrumors 6502

you champ...Im using Xee. just downloaded Xsee, read up about it, i think this may just be what i'm after.

4. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

You've got my attention!

Was in EXACTLY the same boat as the OP. ACDSee is the single most useful app I ever had on a PC (I think Paint Shop Pro came in second though). I found Xee a few months ago and was so happy to finally have a FAST image viewer... but lamented the lack of editing ability.

I will definitely check out XSee!

Edit: Hmm, not updated in quite a while, eh? Well, I'll still give it a shot when I get back to my Mac this evening!

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Yes, unfortunately, it hasn't been updated in a long, long time. But it still works fine on Leopard. I wish development had continued on it..

6. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Xee was good at first, but it ended up crashing a lot for certain pictures, and I don't know why.

I downloaded a program named "Justlooking" and I love it.

It scrolls through images, even using a quick fade in/out effect, it plays animated gifs, and has a handy delete button. Even more of an improvement is the ability to set an image as the background.