Basic Instructions?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sudz, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Sudz Guest

My wife got me an iTouch this past week and I'm at a loss as to where one finds information on the basic operation. This is my first exposure to an Apple product so it's fairly foreign to me.

Surely there's something documented somewhere on how to use this thing?

Thanks...

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Basic would be included in the box. That little accordion pamphlet.

What do you need that that doesn't provide? Just touch stuff.

3. Sudz thread starter Guest

Wow... that was quick. Thanks.

Maybe my use of the word basic was too basic.. :)

The pamplet just tells you what the device can do, and general direction on how to do it. It took me two days just to discover how you turn this thing off. And apparently I don't fully understand this because after playing music I've noticed the button on the end of the case will not stop the music but it will kill the display. This thing is eating battery so I'm assuming it's on some type of standby and not really off.

I've searched the web and iTunes for some type of user manual for this level of detail but nada. I did find a document called user manual but it didn't cover the above. I guess if you've grown up with an iPod of some sort you just know this stuff.

I also noticed that when "syncing" my MP3 files on my computer the iTouch frequently made multiple copies with differing sort criteria. I've searched everywhere to find how one deletes a song so I may clean things up a bit. Doesn't appear to be anyway to do this but surely there must be.

Anyway, you get the idea. I have figured out the obvious stuff associated with most of the features just by hitting the icon and following things per the pamplet (yes it does have some info). But some of the basic command structure or protocol remains a mystery.

How does one find this info ?

Thanks

4. sahnert macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

On the iPhone, there is a users guide bookmarked in safari. Not sure if there is one on the touch.

To get there, go to safari and click on the book at the bottom. Scroll down and see if there is something that says users guide.

5. biikman macrumors regular

yup there is one "apple touch guide".

6. Sudz thread starter Guest

Thanks Guys. I'll check it out when I get home. Appears my battery is gone at the moment.

7. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Take a look at this Apple webpage. There is a link to the instruction manual which I think is about a 14 mb PDF. It'll take a while to download so be patient.

8. Sudz thread starter Guest

Thanks, This is what I've been searching for.

Appreciate it....