Basic iPhoto question - Slideshows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zwhaler, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I'm trying to send a buddy of mine an email of a slideshow I made. There is an option in iPhoto to "Share" to Mail. But I am using Yahoo's email, so it is all on Safari. The file is too big to be an attachment to an email, so what else can I do? Thanks.

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

This isn't really an iPhoto problem, but a mail attachment problem. I think that no matter how you try to send it it'll likely be too large, even as a Quicktime movie. My suggestion is to upload it to a server and have them download it. I think email may not be your best option.

4. ricksbrain macrumors regular

Exporting it will work-- but you can also export to Mail and just save the resulting file somewhere and attach it in Yahoo to send.

5. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I haven't even set up mail and I don't have an account that can be used with mail (for free, at least). There has to be a way that I can just send my slideshow to my friend, right? I have a 20mb file limit and the slideshow was about 130 so I don't think it will work like that. Can I upload it to a website or something and send him the link to it? If so, can you guys point me to a good website for that? :)