Basic iPhoto Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gryfon19, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Gryfon19 macrumors regular

Until recently, I had been only saving my photos in folders on OS X Tiger. I finally imported them into iPhoto 6.x and am starting to udnerstand the file structure, though not yet entirely. That said, I've go 2 questions:

1. Do all the photos sit in the Library as a repository and the each Album simply displays those photos that have been linked to it?

2. When I scroll through my photo thumbnails in the Library, I find that the small gray display that shows the names of photo groupings or month/year as I 'm scrolling is displaying the wrong date for a group of photos. I suspect that month/year was simply wrong on the camera and that's why. So how can I change such info for the photos so it displays accurately? Basically, it shows March 2002 and I want it to show March 2008.

Thanks!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. joefinan macrumors 6502a

Select the photos whose date you want to change and then go Photos > Batch change... and follow the steps.

4. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Do the changes to the dates in the iPhoto app, not in the library in finder. Doing anything to/with your photos in the finder will create havoc.