Basic Mac OS Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Macnificant, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

Just got my first Macbook yesterday. This is also my first time using Mac OS. Love it so far but I have a lot to learn. I am trying to find info on easy things like cutting and pasting etc. on Mac's. There is no right clicking on the mouse so I am kinda lost. I use Itunes alot on my PC and for me to get to the "Get Info" page I right click, it took me a while to find it last night. I also have to add some Album Artwork that Itunes didnt have...I usually just go to wikipedia and cut and paste covers into Itunes but havent figured out how to do that on the Mac OS.

Is there a site with all the short cuts...ie alt I shows me "get info" on Mac Itunes

Sorry if this message is comfusing

2. priller macrumors regular

System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Trackpad , there's an option to enable right click when you tap with 2 fingers.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Most keyboard shortcuts you are used to in Windows work, just substitute the Command/Apple key for Control/CRTL.

Example: Command-I bring up the Get Info screen in iTunes and Finder

Also: Command-; gets you the Preferences for the active Application
    Option/Alt-(any volume key) open the Sound Preference Pane

An easy way to right-click is to hold down control when you click, it will bring up the contextual menus. Also, any two button mouse will behave as you expect, bringing a physical right click to you.

TEG

4. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi!

The easiest way to bring album artwork into iTunes is the most obvious one.

Just open it up in Safari, do Get Info on all tracks of an album.
    Now simply drag the image from Safari onto the Artwork field in the Information window of iTunes.
    Done.

Hope this was helpful.

/Rupert