Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rays09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
What do you think ? Iam not a heavy worker for video editing and photography but i do it as a hobby.. Do you think the retina display and slim body is worth to sacrificing dvd drive big storage,fire wire,internet prot, upgradeable HW ? Iam living in indonesia there is no apple store here so i must order it from singapore... I cant compare the display between these two screen. And i need your advice... Considering my money limit for basic model 15"mbp retina display i dont have budget anymore to upgrade ram.

One more question , do you think the high end macbook pro 13" can do all task like final cut pro , aperture, adobe photoshop? ,etc. I think it's have very high frequency processor but it's only dual core i7 and itel hd 4000.... :(

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I see that the Indonesian Apple Store doesn't have online shipping. How about the Authorized Resellers?

If you do video editing and photography as a hobby, I would recommend a non-retina MBP, and use the leftover budget to upgrade instead.

Last edited:

rays09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I see that the Indonesian Apple Store doesn't have online shipping. How about the Authorized Resellers?

If you do video editing and photography as a hobby, I would recommend a non-retina MBP, and use the leftover budget to upgrade instead.

Yeah the authorized seller said the macbook pro will come at august !! :( what about if i take the 13" consider to it's price, i will save $500 dollar ++. And grab some new lens! But the screeen looks terrible here.:(

How many big different size and weight between the 15" retina and 15" non r etina?

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Yeah the authorized seller said the macbook pro will come at august !! :( what about if i take the 13" consider to it's price, i will save $500 dollar ++. And grab some new lens! But the screeen looks terrible here.:(

How many big different size and weight between the 15" retina and 15" non r etina?

The Retina MBP is about 500g lighter than the regular MBP, and half a cm shorter when closed.

You said that photography is a hobby right? That means you don't do photography for a living, and in that case, getting a 13" would also be suitable, along with a 23" monitor capable of 1080p so you can get a larger resolution to do your editing. You have to be aware that the 13" is less powerful, though, so that's why I would recommend that. Of course, if you take photos for a living, then you might as well get the Retina.

Also, you don't really "lose" ethernet and FW, since you can buy the TB adapters. It's cumbersome, that's for sure, but they aren't gone forever.

rays09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
The Retina MBP is about 500g lighter than the regular MBP, and half a cm shorter when closed.

You said that photography is a hobby right? That means you don't do photography for a living, and in that case, getting a 13" would also be suitable, along with a 23" monitor capable of 1080p so you can get a larger resolution to do your editing. You have to be aware that the 13" is less powerful, though, so that's why I would recommend that. Of course, if you take photos for a living, then you might as well get the Retina.

Also, you don't really "lose" ethernet and FW, since you can buy the TB adapters. It's cumbersome, that's for sure, but they aren't gone forever.

Yes you right bro but the 13" resolution it's annoying i like 13" because it's portable if they put the same reso to 13" mbp as the air. I never thinking to grab that one !
Why did they put the lower reso to 13" mbp??
Have you try to compare the resolution beetwen the 13" 15" and 15" retina ?
I found the 13" macbook it's worst ! Last night i compared it. The 15" non retina high end macbook pro it's very best deal i think.. But the bulky body makes me thinking! Because the retina one not come out yet here. I cant compare.. Have you try the retina ? Is really really comes with many benefit portable with it's
slim new design body or just a little different prtabilty than the non retina???

Argggh this macbook Making me confuse :mad:

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I haven't seen the Retina one because it isn't available yet in Korea. But just by looking at the size, it is definitely more portable than thr non-Retina.

If it isn't urgent yet, wait for the Retina and see for yourself. Jangan terlalu stress :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.