Basic Photos question

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Ludachris, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Ludachris macrumors newbie

I was wondering.....

With the new Photos app, can we just place specific folders to the cloud?

I don't want to put my entire library on there, just a few favorite folders.

If not, can you at least make Albums for easier navigation?

I just want to be able to open my iPad and click on a "family" or "pets" folder and find those specifically as it is on my iPhoto now.

Thanks!

2. KALLT macrumors 601

Everything will be uploaded to the cloud. You can make albums, those will be synced too.

3. Ludachris thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks.
    So I'll basically be forced to purchase the 1TB storage to store all my photos?
    I really only want 1GB in the cloud. Thanks again

4. KALLT macrumors 601

Yes, if you choose to use iCloud Photo Library. You could also just use Photo Stream to push your new pictures to your devices and use iTunes (Wi-Fi) sync. Or you switch to another provider and don’t use Photos.

5. jdag macrumors 6502a

Only 1 library gerts synced. So you can create multiple Photos libraries and keep items you want in the cloud in one, everything else in the other. Of course, that requires managing 2 libraries.

6. thekayman macrumors 6502

The only way I've found is to create shared albums in icloud. These are permanent (unlike photo stream) and best of all they don't count towards your icloud storage.

7. Ludachris thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow. Both great ideas. Thanks for those.
    I love the idea of multiple synced folders in the cloud. I don't really see why I would want all my photos in the cloud unless storage costs were really cheap. Like iTunes match.
    Thanks again for the ideas