basic question abt loading the Nib File

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by allex, Mar 25, 2010.

1. allex macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Nice to meet you guys here! I wanna introduce myself as a newbies to iPhone programming and I am now still digging into the recommended documents. This is my first time to develop programs on apple's platform and I got some questions and hope someone can help me clarify.

I am currently studying the MoveMeView Sample code. I learnt from the documentations that the MainWindow Nib will first be loaded and the applicationDidFinishLaunching method in the delegate file will be executed. And then from there, the other Nib file, the MoveMeView Nib, will be invoked by the NSBundle using the initWithCoder method, and then followed by the setUpPlacardView method which creates the "welcome" button.

However, I did a little testing. I removed all the codes within the applicationDidFinishLaunching method in the MoveMeAppDelegate.m.
    To my understanding, the program should do nothing and the MoveMeView Nib would not be unarchived.

However, when I build and run in the simulator, the "welcome" button still pop up! Although it disappear immediately afterwards, I do not understand why it is loaded and unarchived.

Can someone kindly explain? Pls correct me if I hv any faults in my concept.

Thank you very much !

Alex

2. jnic macrumors 6502a