Basic questions about mighty mouse and Dashboard Widgets

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikebike125, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

My first question has to do with the mighty mouse. I want to know if the two side buttons are individual and can be programmed to do separate things or do they do the same thing?

Dashboard and Widgets.
    Can I have a widget open without Dashboard being open? Does DB have to be open to see any widgets?

Thanks!

2. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

I ask because it would be advantageous to have a widget remain on the desktop

3. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

side buttons are the same button.

there are a few ways to get the widgets to stay on the desktop. I haven't done it, but I've read here plenty of times. Do a search for "desktop widget" and such and you'll find a cornucopia of results.

4. gameguy3001 macrumors member

You'll need to find a program that can turn on "Developer Mode". I had a widget (i think it was called dash it) that turned it on. I believe the Onyx does it as well.

5. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

So as far as widgets are concerned, they just typically stay within the Dashboard and you just turn them all on or all off with the Dashboard. Correct?

6. gameguy3001 macrumors member

Correct. By default, they are only in the dashboard

7. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

You might want to take a look at Amnesty's programs. They can put widgets onto your desktop should you really want to.

8. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

This being my first mac and all, I would think that there would be somewidgets like the weather and stock market for example that you would want to keep on your desktop at all times...... It is a good feature I think.