Basic stuff that IOS 7 still lacks

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ajiuo, Aug 2, 2013.

1. ajiuo macrumors 65816

Mail:
    - Flagged Mailbox should show messages from all mailboxes / folders. This should also apply to unread and VIP.. Works on Mac!
    - Multi color flags.
    - Disable Sending from accounts.

Phone:
    - Block unknown, private, blocked numbers.
    - Manage contact groups.. This still isn't there? Post PC my ass
    - Visual Voicemail.. It was cool when the iPhone was released but it's ridiculously out of date compared to YouMail and google voice. It need the following. Multiple greetings (per contact or group), folders (spam, archived, custom), speech to text dictation, sharing (share a voicemail via email, SMS, AirDrop... Anything in the share menu), smart greeting, greetings sold in iTunes Store... BAM! New market :)

Music:
    - An option to always download the clean or explicit versions of a song on iTunes Match
    - A "play next / play last" option

General:
    - Universal PDF printer
    - A Separate "Previews" app to handle PDF. It could sync with the Mac app via iCloud.
    - Quick reply (not just for SMS.. An API built in to notifications that can be used for any messaging app)
    - Geo-fencing for pas-code unlock.
    - some sort of icloud drop box
    - More customization with control center (toggles / quick launch)
    - Light and dark themes ( let's not go crazy and allow 3erd party garbage though.. Just a couple of options)

- this isn't one isn't basic but would be cool... Sync SMS messages to all icloud devices.. Then if you send an SMS from a Mac or iPad it could sync it to your phone and then your phone could send it... :)

2. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Quick reply for messages within any app, multiple colors under each day corresponding to different calendars in the month view in the calendar app.

3. PhantomSoul macrumors newbie

More Message/Service Oriented UI

I, for one, would like to see more of a message/service oriented UI instead of an App oriented UI. I've seen iOS 7 and its improvements to notifications, the search, and Siri are commendable and definitely a step in the right direction. However, I still find myself constantly thinking in terms of what App I'm working in at any given moment, which frankly, is light years behind the competition and not very consistent with Apple's rather artistic brand of making the technical part of our tablet/phone tasks as transparent as possible.

Other than that, it's basically the same old iOS just dressed in different clothes.

4. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

I want a built in file storage system. especially on the ipad.

5. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Yeah why cant we have quick reply to messages and up next in the music app? Seriously come on!

6. Tanax macrumors 6502a

Search and sorting of messages in a conversation to find old messages you're looking for/lost.

7. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

That would actually get to be annoying for me, considering how much mail I can potentially get through work, and the fact that I archive a lot of mail from VIP folks in case I need to reference it again.

Flagging, sure... but VIP would get rough, as I use that to prioritize my inbox and get stuff out of there.

I wonder if Apple is going to use iBooks for that... Not ideal, but it would do it.

These two combined is something I'm really longing for:
    - Shared documents folder that all apps can request access to and use. This would be great for PDFs, non-standard media and the like.
    - iCloud syncing of this folder between devices (optional), and even my Mac, turning it practically into a Dropbox-like solution for keeping core documents available everywhere.

8. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I'm not sure how switching away from an app centric UI could be considered "basic".

9. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I agree with sell of this.

10. arbogast777 macrumors regular

A file system so I can back-up iTunes purchases to an external HD. I would love to sell my Macbook Air but I can't because I need it for just that one reason.

11. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I've wanted this for some time now. Explicit/Clean tracks in the store should be linked and I should be able to download either at any given time.