basic verizon wireless new customer question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by selvage, Jul 12, 2011.

1. selvage macrumors member

I got this flyer with my welcome package today. It says i'm trying to renew and stuff. I havent had a verizon phone for 10 yrs until 2 wks ago. I'm confused abut the "i must call to accept my 2 yr agreement or else my calling plan will change" part. Can anyone explain what this means? I dont want to jeopardize my unlimited data plan. I'm at work so I cant call for a while and I dont want to agree to something that doesnt benefit me.

[​IMG]

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

You need to call to activate it. The 2 year agreement is what gives you the rebate price of the phone - it isn't contract free. Just call within the next 2 business days and you should be fine. I should mention that you don't really need to call - this can be done on my verizon online.

3. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yea you definitely want to make sure you get that worked out. I am not familiar with Verizon, but I just read this post today where the customer apparently didn't adequately accept the contract, even though they activated the new phone. Verizon proceeded to bill them $900 for their 2 iPhones since they never signed a contract.

4. selvage thread starter macrumors member

The fine print at the bottom says if i processed the change at Authorized Verizon Location then its not necessary to call in about this flyer. I purchased my iphone at a verizon store. I would think that the employees made me approve/sign every document that i needed too. I will definitely call them to find out if i am safe. I dont like this though. If i bought the phone somewhere else and signed a bunch of documents to get a phone + service and this flyer got lost in the mail, i would be fined a bunch of money? I wouldnt even expect that there needed to be another step in the process.

thnx for the replies though :)