Basic WIFI Printer with large ink tank?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MBM007, May 29, 2011.

1. MBM007 macrumors regular

I'll start off by saying I've searched all over but really value the opinions of fellow Mac users, so I thought I'd post this question:

What's the best WIFI printer for just doing simple black and white text prints? Was looking into buying the Airport Express to bring WIFI functionality to my Canon MP600 but I'm constantly frustrated by how quick it seems to run out of ink though I seldomly use it.
    I don't really need the scanner feature, just want a printer with a big ink tank that I can wirelessly print to?

Thanks for any guidance you guys can provide

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Most ink cartridges are pretty small these days. I have an HP that gives me about 600 pages per cartridge with the XL cartridge. If you want a printer that would give you a lot of pages, especially black and white, check out a laser printer.

3. Maddix macrumors member

Some Laser printers come with a "starter" toner cartridge. Brother is an example. Many of Brother's replacement cartridges are higher yielding however.

4. MBM007 thread starter macrumors regular

any recommendations on a laser printer that just does black & white and kind of blends in with my Macbook Pro/Cinema display minimalistic setup where I have all my wires hidden??