Basics of jailbreaking, what are the dangers?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 1458279, May 23, 2012.

1. 1458279 Suspended

Other than the speed, warranty, and backgrading to prior iOS, is there a danger of damage that CAN'T be reversed?

Specifically can 'bricking' be reversed, or does that mean the unit is 'for parts only'?

I'm looking at doing this with a iPT G4 using maybe redsn0w and want the latest iOS version.

Thanks.

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

Unless you have a specific need, why bother?

I ask this in true honesty

And if you have a dpecific need, just make sure that you succede

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Anything that a jailbreak can do, can be undone via a DFU mode restore in iTunes.

Bricking is when your devices doesn't turn on at all. No Apple logo, no backlight, no nothing. It is extremely difficult to brick an iDevice with current jailbreak tools. And only those who make the tools can brick a device, but only if they were actively trying to brick one.

4. tehpea macrumors member

You can restore warranty by restoring. The way JBing is done now it's highly unlikely your device will be unrestorable.

5. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

Follow this to restore your iDevice if it's afflicted by almost anything. Very, very hard to truly brick your device

Go with Absinthe v2.0.4! Easiest jailbreak out there by far! (Must have is 5.1.1 installed). Download

PM me, quote me, or email me at ijoecoles@gmail.com if you need any help.