Basics to mac laptops

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sparkylarkey, Apr 24, 2007.

1. sparkylarkey macrumors newbie

Hello all, i'm new to this site and wanted to say hi. Also i wanted to some help about figuring the laptop out.
    If you hold "apple" "s" it will go to a screen that you can type in stuff to make the computer do or not do something.
    Is there any links or anything like that for the code names or the stuff you type in when you hold down apple s, that someone can give me please? I wana know how to do stuff like that on my computer. :apple:
    Getting to the point, my laptop is a school laptop, with administrators on my computer, for the school. I know there are ways to get rid of the administrator power on my laptop, and i wana know how to get the admin password and stuff like that for my computer.

2. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

Not sure what exactly you are meaning about :apple: -s as this command can vary based on the program you are running at the time.
    As for hacking your comp... that is not really discussed on this forum. Search google if you must, concentrate on unix commands and working with the terminal...

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

The OP is probably talking about booting into single-user mode.

But certainly they will not find help here on how to circumvent security measure put in place by the administrator.

4. NuDarwin macrumors member

NuDarwin

Cmd + S is for single user mode. Given what you want to do, I would find it very wise for your sysadmin to enable Open Firmware/EFI password protection to disallow single user mode.

I hope that you find no assistance in hacking school computers,

5. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

If it really is checked out from your school system and not "found", they know you have it and thus why waste your time trying to hack into admin status. You're going to have to give it back eventually and thus cover your tracks as far as any settings you've changed and anything you've downloaded. What do you really need the computer to do as far as your school-work is concerned that the operating system already will not do? Sounds shady to me as your first post is about this matter and you joined MR today.