Bass heavy iPhone 4 Speaker dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mastamuffin, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Mastamuffin macrumors member

Hey guys, looking to fill the christmas list.

Im looking for a speaker dock thats somewhat bass heavy, it doesnt have to be extremely bass heavy. It doesnt need to have an alarmclock or anything like that, this will be for my room/small get togethers.

Something under $150 would be ideal, not looking for the highest quality, just a great bang for buck.

Thanks!

Oh and it must charge the phone too.

2. CZK macrumors 6502a

Great idea !

Also interested to know. If someone has some infomations please post.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I just bought a Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2 there about $100 new Amazon sounds really great I not going to try to say as good as bose. But I like loud heavy Metal Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed to name a few I was very pleased with the sound.

13"X4"x2" it portable AC/DC and has a rechargeable battery with about 10 hours battery life. I can dock my I4 with the case on it portable so I can use it anywhere. has a case and a remote. it will charge my iphone but only with the charger plugged in honestly that's my only negative. the portability more then makes up for that. oh I paid about $50 for mine via ebay used. it's gonna be used as soon as I get it any way!

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Pure...8&s=electronics&qid=1291688474&sr=8-1-catcorr

4. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

5. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

You cannot expect good bass from small and cheap docks thats for sure.
    Like others have said, it would be way better to get some computer speakers with a dedicated subwoofer within your budget. I would highly recommend the Harman Kardon Soundsticks 2.

I would also highly suggest the Audyssey Audio Dock for those who seek the ultimate sound for their money.

7. Mastamuffin thread starter macrumors member

labman - Thats actually the ones im using (its my sisters)

ItsJustafnPhone & SchneiderMan - I actually hadn't thought about that. I might just go that route as portability is not really something i need for these. Could i use a Apple dock or something and connect that to the phone? or how would it connect? I was looking for it to charge the phone too.

kaikai830 - Oh that thing is sick, ill have to look into it for sure.

8. deeesea macrumors 6502

Beats Boombox lolol, Though I don't think it'll hit your budget.

I agree with the logitech suggestions, they have some good ones, though they are far from bass heavy...or bass anything lol. Picture your laptop speakers but louder,

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Just connect the 3.5mm jack to your iPhone. And just charge your iPhone with an Apple dock if you have one. You can also plug the speakers to your Apple dock.

10. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

Based on what, what speaker system are you talking about ?

Don't listen to this guy, go read reviews online. Most of their high end 2.1 and 5.1 systems are known to be quite bass heavy

The key is to read reviews and know what kind of music you listen to. Get the z-2200 system, you'll love it if you have bass heavy music

11. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

Yeah, agreed. I bought the logitech z2300 for my son's desktop and the sound's great. Has a lot of bass.