BASS TIME - Official Music Video (Comedy) - Canon T2i / Nikon D3100 / Nikon D7000

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by TheIanBroadcast, May 20, 2012.

1. TheIanBroadcast, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012

TheIanBroadcast macrumors newbie

Hey there! I'm brand new to this forum and would love to share my work with all of you. I recently shot this comedy music video with my friends. We filmed with 3 different cameras [Canon T2i with a 50mm lens / Nikon D3100 / Nikon D700]. From viewing this film you would not be able to tell that 3 different cameras were used. (in my opinion). Anyways let me know what you think about the editing and filming and all that stuff! It would be much appreciated. (editing software - Final Cut Express 3.5 on a MacBook Pro 15 inch) (music recording and production done on Logic Express 9)

http://youtu.be/rN-kaE9qUEg

Thanks for your time!
    -Ian

2. wonderspark macrumors 68040

wonderspark

You got a toothbrush? We're going to London.

LONDON, ONTARIO, YO!

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The quality looks great. My only complaint would be the hand-held shots need to be stabilized. They're a bit jerky.

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Cool song but I don't understand why you needed 3 cameras.

5. TheIanBroadcast thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, as for the use of 3 cameras, during one of the nights we were filming the Nikon D7000 ran out of battery and my friend couldn't find his charger and we found that the Nikons (my friends camera) took way better footage during the day (he also had a way better lens than my T2i had so that could be the reason). :) Thanks again!

6. kolax macrumors G3

Quite impressive. Some anti-shake needed on the opening and ending scenes, and the blur on the car registration plate kept catching my eye.

7. TheIanBroadcast thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for comment! I found that he Nikon D3100 has a bad stabilizer compared to the d7000 and canon t2i but rightfully so it is a cheaper camera. Unfortunately I used it for the opening shot lol. If I could go back I would have stuck something over the license plates because blurring is never a fun task and it always stands out :( Haha
    Thanks tho!
    Ian