Bass\Treble Sound Controls

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AngelGuy7, Jul 17, 2007.

1. AngelGuy7 macrumors regular

I'm a fairly new switcher and I'm trying to better tune the audio within OSX. I know I can tweak the audio in iTunes but I assume that it would not effect the audio in other apps (like VLC). Is it possible to tweak the bass and treble of the audio on a system wide basis?

I've looked at the volume controls but didn't find anything of the sort. I've also looked for 3rd party apps but didn't seem to find any that do this.

Thanks

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Not for the system you cannot. At least not by default. If you install another sound driver and are outputting sound through a Firewire or USB sound device you might gain those controls. You can vary Treb/Bass in QT player as well.

3. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

You can't do it inside OS X without a 3rd party app. Either get a 3rd party app or use an external EQ (the best option if you're connecting to external speakers).

4. AngelGuy7 thread starter macrumors regular

If I was connecting to high quality speakers I would most certainly use an external EQ, but I'm just connecting to computer speakers (2.1 setup). Do you know of any 3rd party app that can control bass and treble systemwide?